Wednesday 27 April 2016

Colour Challenge Week 1: Blackberry Bliss


To celebrate the retiring In colours 2014-16 I am holding a 5 week colour challenge, each week featuring one of the colours in a group of colours. I'd love you to join in so for every picture of a card made with the challenge photos I will send you one of my hand made cards, (blank for you to use!). Just go to the Facebook page: facebook.com/Stamping-at-Hectors-House

This week is my favourite In Colour Blackberry Bliss, which I thought I'd try with some colours I haven't put together before. 



I decided the best way to start was to get out all my colours and choose a stamp set to inspire me. I love the Friends and Family Stamp set, but haven't had much chance to play yet so decide it was an obvious choice. Plus I am really sucker for anything that matches a punch, so out came it's playmate the Festive Flower Builder. 



This is what I came up with, having remembered I need a thank you card for a neighbour. I built the flower using the petal stamp in Blackberry Bliss on Very Vanilla and then punching it out in the medium petal part of the punch. I used 6 petals and glued them on to a small square of card using glue dots. I then added the leaves in Cucumber Crush, stamped on the same colour card, by gluing them to the back of the flower I formed. 


To finish my flower off By adding a center from the cross part of the punch, one punched in Daffodil Delight and one in Blackberry Bliss. These were glued one on top of the other. 


I then stamped a center strip of card in Daffodil Delight using the timeless textures stamp set. Using the border stamp in Daffodil Delight I stamped along both the long edges. Then with the dotty stamp I covered the whole of the card piece in stamps of Soft Suede. 


I then layered this piece of card onto a piece of Very Vanilla and then a larger piece of Blackberry Bliss. This was the glued upon my base card of Soft Suede, which I stamped my greeting on the bottom right corner of in Blackberry Bliss. My card base was finished off with the little swirl stamp from the Friends and Flowers set stamped along the bottom. 



The assembely is finished by gluing on the prepared flower to the left hand side of the stamped strip. 

I hope you enjoy this colour challenge, and will join me and take part! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment