Saturday 4 June 2016

It's Your Big Day!




I don't know about you, but crafting for me is just that little bit sweeter when I have something to play with for free! I made this card with the New Birthday Banners stamp set that I won in a prize patrol when I went to the demonstrator conference On Stage this April (yes it is as fun as it sounds!)

I really loved the sentiment 'Time to put out this tiny fire' matched with the candy striped candle and decided that this was going to be the centre of my design. So I got out a couple of my New InColour Peekaboo Peach, and last years Incolour Mint Macaron along with Night of Navy to stamp a line of candles along the middle of my Whisper White card.

Either side of this I stamped sentiments in alternating colours, 'Its Your Big Day!' along the top, and then 'Time to put this Tiny Fire' along the bottom. 

A tip to do this is to start by stamping the middle candle and then stamping either side of it until you reach the edges. Stamp the sentiments in the same way, the first one in the middle and then fill the others in other side. This way all the images have a central focal point and create a better overall look, with any gaps at the edges being filled with partial stamps.

My background was created with the Playful Backgrounds set, using the bubble like stamp in Peekaboo Peach all over the Peekaboo Peach Card. This was then layered onto Night of Navy Card, and lastly onto a 6x4" Mint Macaron Card Base.

I liked this card design as it was simple but effective, doesn't require much equipment, and is a unisex design, which could be adapted with many colour combinations. I'd love to see any you create.

For another card using the Playful Backgrounds check out my Blog Hop post arriving on Sat 4th June!


No comments:

Post a Comment